Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hand printing in Delhi

Last week we were lucky enough to visit Delhi, I have been travelling to India for years now and each time it never ceases to amaze me. A country so diverse and so colourful and enchanting, full of history and poverty. I do love India and thank her for allowing us an adventure with every trip if only we could stay longer.





































Our first Tuk Tuk ride and we met a nice fellow that didn't mind getting his photo taken, with so many tourists visiting India these guys have become a tourist attraction themselves let alone where they take you!










































































First stop is our hand-screen printing factory where we watched our new table linen designs being made into screens, our colours being mixed and matched and then the first samples being hand printed - I love this, seeing the designs come to life right in front of my eyes!







































A lot of interest in this fella's shoes - covered in tape they where a good way to not slip off the printing table!





































I will show you more images of them hand-printing our product when the collection has been ordered.  I'd like to thank the printing factory for their time and their patience teaching me every time I visit. As well as always going to a lot of trouble to print samples for me as I arrive - timing wise we sent them the artwork on Wed from Melbourne and on Friday we where in Delhi watching them print! Remarkable.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful - seeing where you product originates makes me want it and appreciate even more!

    ReplyDelete