Monday, March 7, 2011

The beautiful Copenhagen

In January I was lucky enough to visit Copenhagen, I was pretty excited as even though it was a work visit I had never been to Denmark before and had heard so much about this beautiful city. The first evidence of Copenhagen was in 1043 but even before this time where the Vikings! The above image is along the Nyhavn Canal which is a simply gorgeous setting, the colours of the buildings are incredibly inspirational - I had only seen images of Copenhagen in the Summer so the snow was an interesting element added to our visit - rubber souls where necessary (yes I know that now!). 






 
The piles of snow doesnt stop the glamour in Copenhagen! The Louis Vuitton store in Ostergade was glowing a warm shade of orange into the dark wintry streets.


The fabulous Day Birger store above was a pleasure to visit, even in sale time! The tiny cobbled streets of Copenhagen where just beautiful and an absolute must to explore. With an array of fabulous homewares and design shopping, the Danish are an exceptional styish bunch and such nice people! I would love to go back in Summer as I am sure the experience would be a much different one.

No comments:

Post a Comment